Friday, March 8, 2013

Right-Winger Rand Paul Filibusters for 13 Damn Hours on the Senate Floor This Week! Now THAT's Impressive (For NON-Political Reasons)...





Paul's performance filibustered Obama's nomination of John Brennan for CIA director (over Obama's position that drone strikes can be used domestically on U.S. citizens in extraordinary circumstances), but neither that political minutiae nor Paul's typical brand of far right-winger, tea party "libertarian" politics is really the point here...

Instead this observation:  I've given a fair number of presentations and speech-like appearances in my time, but I think the longest one ever I've ever done (at least solo) clocked in around an hour and a half.  And it was damn hard talking even that long without any respite!

Advice: If you ever have to do that, make sure to have at least a couple bottled waters on hand, lest you wish a repeat of Marco Rubio's recent drymouth debacle after the State of the Union.

And back to the point: Just look at this Rand Paul goof -- Thirteen freakin' hours! I may never credit Paul for much of anything ever again, but my hat's off to that shit. To quote Butch Cassidy: I couldn't do that -- could you do that?!?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57572975/rand-paul-ends-filibuster-against-cia-director-nominee-after-almost-13-hours/