Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Don't Know Nothing, and I Didn't See Nothing: "Man Hits Pedestrian, Keeps Driving with Dead Victim in Passenger Seat."



The "my interests first" actions and "see no evil, hear no evil" lack of human decency and laughable denials of your garden-variety slimeball criminals and politicians (two groups of people whom I largely view to be the same, regardless of party) never cease to amaze me.

From the criminals, you can witness this sort of thing on just about any episode of "Cops":

Officer, If You Say the World Is Round, I Guess I'll Take Your Word For It

Cop: "This driver's license says your name is Bob?"
Sleaze: "What license? I ain't never seen that before. Who's Bob?"

Cop: "You would agree with me that the grass over there is green?"
Scuz: "I don't know nothin' about any of that. I ain't got my glasses. Some guy ripped 'em off."

Cop: "We can at least agree that you're a male, right?
Scum: "I might be able to go along with that, but I want to talk to my lawyer first."

Cop: "This car's been reported stolen. Where'd you get it?"
Slime: "Some guy done gave it to me."
Cop: "What was the guy's name?"
Slime: "He didn't tell me no name."
Cop: "So some guy you don't know just gives you the car."
Slime: "Well, I gives him a smoke, and I figured he were just being generous."

This Guy Wouldn't Know He Was Missing an Arm If An Alligator Gnawed It Off

And I thought I had heard them all until I saw this crazy story out of Houston. Cops there say the incident began when a man's SUV went on the fritz and he had to pull it over on a busy causeway. Cops say that after getting out of the car, the man tried to hoof it across the freeway and got pounded by a black Mazada.

In a totally freakish twist, cops say the impact sent the victim's body crashing through the Mazada's windshield -- such that the victim came to be seated in the Mazada's front passenger seat!

But cops say the Mazada driver -- 49-year-old James Onak -- didn't stop after the collision, but instead just went about his business. A little bit later, cops say, the Mazada driver casually took a freeway exit and started driving down a city street for over a damn mile!

That's when cops pulled this (allegedly) "oblivious" buffoon's ass right on over. A deputy then spied the damage to the Mazada's front and top as well as the victim slouched in the front passenger seat.

The driver's story? He said he thought he might have "hit something" on the freeway, but he wasn't sure what it was and he for damn sure "didn't know the victim was in the passenger seat beside him."

He also reportedly tried to blame a few too many drinks for not noticing the victim. Never mind that his car's windshield was shattered and the "hood and roof had also caved in" (pictures above). What was there really to notice, right?!?

The victim died at the scene, and the driver Onak "faces a felony charge of failure to stop and render aid and a misdemeanor charge of tampering with evidence." What, no DUI charge? Methinks so much for that rather lame little excuse about being blinded by the booze (allegedly).

But what's surprising to me is just how forthcoming the Mazada driver was with the cops. He really leveled with 'em, relatively speaking. What a breath of fresh air over there. Just think:

Actually admitting in a single conversation that (1) he had been on the freeway and (2) might have hit something! I betcha this honest samaritan even admitted his car was black, glasses or no.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7630000.html