Monday, March 15, 2010

Downgrading the Dems: Obama & the Dems' Chances of Ramming Through Health Care Now at 50%.

In recent days, I had given an upgrade, with respect to Obama & The Dems' chances of jamming through their desired health care legislation, to more likely than not (which I set at 55% last weekend, up from the previous 45% that I had assigned). However, based upon everything I've read and heard today, I think the dems are still a number of votes short, and all of this blustering about being "close" is just rhetoric. Now, this upcoming week is going to be a flurry of activity and there's as good of chance that the dems will find their House votes as there is the chance that they won't, in my estimation. If you read this space, oppose the dems' health care desires, and are in a congressional district with a representative who might vote either way, then you can still make a difference by calling and e-mailing your congressperson with your viewpoint.

Myself: I'm in a Kansas congressional district represented by a rather pathetic creature known as Dennis Moore (whom I have tried to contact before) who is quitting Congress this year and therefore does not listen to or interact in any way with his constitutents and will vote for anything Obama & The Dems stick in front of him because he has nothing to lose -- a truly pathetic individual. But my point: There's little I can do about the current events except for ranting and blathering on this blog (which I'm fairly decent at), but you might just be in a position to make an actual difference. Dick Morris, a bloat-faced Fox News right-winger dude, whom I generally dislike and find to be rather creepy, nonetheless has some excellent info on his website how we can still fight the ram-rodding through of this massive and unpopular piece of legislation -- link below.

http://www.dickmorris.com/blog/