Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hollow Threat? Obama Reportedly Tells Dem Lawmakers That He Won't Campaign For Them in the Fall If They Vote Against Health Care.

(Link below). Obama's apparent threat begs the question: Would any of those dem lawmakers even want Obama anywhere near their re-election campaigns this fall? Methinks likely not. We're already starting to see some of this "dem distancing" (to coin a new phrase) from Obama. In just the past few weeks, we've seen prominent dem politicians in Missouri most conspicuous by their absence from an Obama appearance in St. Charles. If I'm a dem House member and Obama calls me up and threatens not to campaign for me, then right about now I'm saying, "Mr. President, can I get that in writing, please?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/7450237/Barack-Obama-threatens-to-withdraw-support-from-wavering-Democrats.html