Saturday, May 23, 2009

People who know me wonder I'm a little militant. A little angry. A little loud. A little out there. I'll tell you why.

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1212521.html

Because I live in a world of slimeballs. People who abuse animals. People who kidnap and rape children. People who hack off other human beings' heads. People who bully around others who aren't as physically strong as them. People driven to kill as many innocent Americans as possible, with a far left that immediately thereafter tells me that I'm to blame. People on both extremes who tell me I would never any place in their party since I'm not an extremist just like them. People third in line for the presidency who say "I was never briefed" but later are forced to admit that they were informed. People who lie to us about the pretense to invade a sovereign country in order to further some highly misplaced dream that it's our country's destiny to impose our way of thinking and governance (as wonderful as it may be, admittedly) upon the entire world. People who state or imply that I'm something less than them or am some kind of an extremist since I have the nerve to vote for third party candidates and to hale from a town of 9000. People who call themselves journalists but are no more than advocates for a cause. People (Jack Harry) who pick KU to win the north before the season and then disingenuously slam on Pinkel in November that he deserves no credit for anything except accomplishing what he was expected to accomplish. Allright, obviously I could keep up with such theme and rant all night, but the point being -- it's a slimeball world, and frankly these are fairly dangerous times. The rage and the anger is just a response to that. These days, we all need to keep an edge in one way or the other just to tolerate all the slimeballs. Laughing more is good way too. Just laugh at 'em when that's possible. Because the slimeballs aren't going anywhere (there are more of them every day). But either are we.