Monday, August 19, 2013

New Study: "Wolves Have a Unique Singing Voice," with Each Smelly, Snarling Creature Having an Individually Recognizable Howl. And I'm Here to Testify...














Stick a blindfold on my melon, and play me just a few seconds of such rabid creatures as Rush Slimebaugh, Bill Maher, Sarah Palin, Michael Moore, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow, etc., etc., and I'll identify each howl by the sleazeball's name in two seconds flat.

You see, those screeches truly are highly distinct, even if the underlying blather and substance is little more than garden-variety noise pollution.

And truth be told, using human political varmints to validate this new animal science must be fairly insulting to self-respecting real wolves everywhere, I'd admit. But then, I'm an insulting sort of guy.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2013/07/22/Computer-voice-print-recognizes-wolves-in-the-wild-by-their-howls/UPI-22831374529213/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2373903/Wolves-unique-singing-voice-identify-howl.html