Wednesday, July 3, 2013

At Least He Left the Baggage Tractor Behind:
"La Guardia Airport Worker Drives Stair Car to Pizza Joint"!

















Either it was a second-story pizza parlor or this worker was very, very famished. But there's now apparently quite the uproar in the Big Apple over this "lunchtime joyride" (link below/pics above), since it seems that operating stair cars on public roadways is not all-the-way legal for some reason.

And it begs the question for me -- why can't you take one of these stair rigs out on the open road? It looks like a pretty sturdy vehicle to me. I mean, unless you got a bunch of punks and broads runnin' around and playing grab-ass on the stairs or something, I see no reason for these cars to be illegal on the roads.

Besides, I see crap out on the street all the time that has less justification for being there than that stair car. I'm talking Smart Cars, Volts, skid steers, riding lawnmowers, golf carts, horse-drawn buggies, you name it. I've seen all those monstrosities on Kansas City thoroughfares in recent years.

So leave this worker alone, I say. He should receive no traffic citations nor workplace discipline. Especially if he brought some of that pie back and shared it with the co-workers.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/step_ping_out_KrZzwLmm7yW4pxY6G46tDL