Friday, February 22, 2013

Rush Slimebaugh: "For the First Time I'm Ashamed of My Country." Why Don't We Leave "Country" Out of It, Partisan Ideologues?!?





And I'm talking about both sides. Just recall Michelle Obama's famous (and more than once repeated) line that she was never proud of her country until 2008.  But the USA -- the greatest country in which to live in human history -- ain't the problem nor the proper target here...

Rather leftist 20 percenter and right-winger ideologue freaks like Slimebaugh and the first lady are the issue. Put another way, if you want to be ashamed of something, be ashamed of our rotten, corrupt political system and the skunk politicians and talking heads on both extremes (the "bases" of the two rat-bait parties) who inhabit and prop that system up.

That type of shame is not merely excusable, but actually very much warranted and advisable. It's a shame I've held for a long time when it comes to our political system.

But alas, after several decades on this planet, I've come to realize there's very little I can do to change that same sleazebucket system. But no matter. That just gives me all the more motivation never to shut my mouth about it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/limbaugh-sequestration-ashamed-of-my-country-87920.html