Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2nd Presidential Debate: Two Good Performances, w/ Obama a Fair Amount Better, But Romney Better Too, Than the 1st Debate: I Think Slight Edge to Romney in a VERY Close Debate...



As expected, Obama was a lot more engaged in this second debate Tuesday night.  And Obama did a lot better.  But I was not one who thought Romney had some awesome victory or performance in the 1st debate:  I thought Romney won that one, but not in knockout fashion (although so many on the right and left apparently disagreed with me in the days afterward).  I actually thought Romney was better tonight than the first debate...

I.  The Debate 

For that, I thought Romney got a very slight win tonight, but there wasn't a huge differential.  For anyone claiming this was a tie or a slight Obama win, I would not engage in a pissing match with you, because I think those would be very reasonable and defensible views (even if I slightly disagree).  But as I commented to a hot lady friend this week, the problem for Obama is that Romney tends to be fairly solid in debates, and debating is not an Obama strength (he's OK, but that's about it), such that about the best Obama would be able to do in these last 2 debates would be a stalemate (absent some huge Romney gaffe).  And that's pretty much how it played out tonight.

The other problem for Obama was the apparent perception nationwide that Romney absolutely schooled him in the first debate (which was not my opinion), such that Obama would need a knockout in the final debates to even the score.  That simply didn't happen tonight.  Frankly, both these partisan cats were pretty damn good tonight.  At least that was refreshing, giving some of the debating assclowns we've had to watch in recent years, such as Old Man McCain, W Bush, Al "Finish This (and Sigh)" Gore, etc.

II.  "The 47%"

Now, before getting to my obligatory "Obama Lines that Made Me Laugh Out Loud," I'd like to raise one fascinating purely political angle that played out near the end of the debate.  Obama was absolutely excoriated by his leftist 20 percenter base after the 1st debate for not even mentioning Romney's prior gop-er fundraiser comments about writing off 47% of the population as people who will not vote for a gop-er (pathetic comments, in my opinion)...

Tonight Obama had an obvious plan to save any mention of the "the 47%" until his end-of-debate remarks when Romney would have no chance to respond.  But apparently, somehow, Romney got wind of this and used his closing remarks (which preceded Obama's) to fire a preemptive strike against "the 47%" issue and plead that he is (he claims) a person that cares about all 100% of the American people.  What gives?

Guess possibly Romney had a plan to launch the preemptive strike if Obama said nothing previous in the debate about the issue, but I find that a bit hard to believe:  Almost seems like Obama had this distinct strategy, and then someone turned rat and leaked it to the Romney camp.  Regardless, I'm fascinated by that kind of slimy political angle shit.  Look forward to reading more about this from the political pundits on Wednesday.

III.  Obama Lines that Made Me Laugh Out Loud

As a closing note and special added attraction, I give you my potpourri of Obama Lines (as in the 1st debate, from my notes and not word-for-word) that Made Me Laugh Out Loud (this leftist dude is always good for several laughs anytime he shows up and opens his mouth somewhere):

-"We've seen increases in coal production."  (Obama HATES coal energy -- any increases have been despite him!  LOL!).

-"We've built plenty of pipeline already [definitely not a word-for-word quote, but pretty accurately paraphrased]."  (As if that was some sort of supposed justification for Obama's outrageous leftist opposition to the Canadian pipeline!).

-"I am ultimately responsible for what happened in Libya [i.e., unanswered calls to the Obama administration for more Libyan consulate security in advance of the rape and murder of the male American Ambassador and three other Americans through an orchestrated Al Qaeda terrorist attack on 9-11]."  (This after Obama and his minions over the past day pressured Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to take full responsibility for the same sick state of affairs.  Hilarious how the very politically powerful Clinton family allows this president to toss them under the bus over and over again with nary a hint of opposition -- Flunkies!).

-"I'm the president, and I'm always responsible."  (This from the leftist president who blames Bush and everything else under the sun for 100% of just about anything that goes wrong on his watch!).

-"The suggestion that anyone on my team would play politics on Libya is offensive!"  (After Obama and his lackeys just spent the last month playing politics on Libya!!! -- a special LOL for that one!). 

-"I believe in the Second Amendment!"  (Obama, the quintessential American leftist 20 percenter, here made me laugh because he spoke in direct contradiction to what so many leftists have told me over the years, i.e. that the Second Amendment is meaningless, really (despite its plain language) doesn't afford any protection whatsoever to private citizens' gun ownership rights, and truly only applies to the ability of local "militias" to bear arms.  LMFAO!).

-"I believe in self-reliance, individual initiative, and risk-takers being rewarded."  (Enough already, Obama!  I'm bustin' too many guts for my own positive health and welfare over here!!!).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/obama-romney-presidential-debate-photos_n_1972368.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012 (Great pics at the HuffPo!)

I'M THE RAGER, AND I APPROVED THIS POST.