Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Can I Please Ever Go More than One Week or Weekend Without Seeing a Damn News Story Using the Term, "Manhole"!?! That Is SO 1980s...


I don't care if it's hobos stealing "manhole" covers in New York City (linked stories below from the past two weekends). I don't care if it's some little punk falling down a "manhole." I don't care if it's some slimeball trying to pull a bank job using a "manhole" cover as a weapon. Point being: Stop calling it a damn "manhole"!!!

OK, one more (and maybe the last) time on this: The term "manhole" is archaic and highly politically incorrect.  That's because it directly implies that only a man has the ability to toil away down inside a hole.  The correct terminology to be used in 2012 is "personhole" or "personhole cover."  Or, alternatively, if you must (although it's not my preference): "Sewerhole" or "sewerhole cover."  Am I asking for so freakin' much over here?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/junkie_flipped_lids_vxpSFAI1gtlzt69Gxca41N
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/thieves-stealing-manhole-covers-york-city-utility-says-173230741--sector.html