Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Obama: Let's Overcome Partisan Gridlock." Meantime, Count Dracula: "Let's Rise Above Indiscriminate Blood-Sucking"...



Far from its moniker of "Black Friday," yesterday was more like Gray Friday, with cloudy skies, a cold wind, and an overall gloomy disposition. And for that reason, I'd like to thank the individual we currently have as president for at least making me break out in laughter when I saw that the theme of his so-called Thanksgiving address was "Let's Overcome Partisan Gridlock."

I'm just surprised he didn't toss in, for good measure, a gratuitous, "Let's Grow Beyond Being Radical Partisan Ideologues," while he was at it. And then maybe, as well, "Let's Get Past Politics and Campaigns Dictating Every Single Action We Take." Shit, he would have been on a damn roll at that point! But alas, my prior invitations to this white house to add me as a consultant to their speech writing team have yet to garner even a polite declination. Their loss.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/24/obama-lets-overcome-partisan-gridlock/

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate? Range Rover Limo New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahahaha.....the PERFECT response =) Perfect, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a more serious note, it's occurred to me tonight that this post may exemplify why Obama's in trouble for next year (although I still place him as a slight favorite to win re-election): This Independent simply doesn't pay much attention to him anymore. His words go in one ear and out the other. Hardly ever blog about him anymore. Contrast that with 2009, when he was a regular topic here. Oftentimes, the only time I ever blog about him anymore is simply to laugh at him (like this post above).

    By the end of W Bush's disastrous presidency, no one paid any attention or bothered to listen to him anymore. Obama's reached that point with many Independents, methinks (and certainly with me). Which doesn't bode well. Being Mr. Irrelevant is bad politics and hardly ever works out for a person unless you're the Kansas City Chiefs kicker (a bona fide exception to the rule).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a comment at a meeting this morning, training on HSAs, and the question came up about what's going to happen to health care and I said something about 2014, but we'll have a new president by then and who knows what will happen? Then I quickly realized that BO may actually win again and we won't have a new president! ha! Oops! A bit of foreshadowing on my part?

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the pieces of the gop-er agenda on which I would totally sign off on would be a complete repeal of that far leftist health care monstrosity. HOWEVER, I'm not so sure how serious even a new gop-er president will be about repealing it. The Supreme Court finding it unconstitutional might be the only way it goes away.

    ReplyDelete