Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's in the Wind: High Profile "Independent" Presidential Candidate Is Likely in 2012 AD. But Excuse Me If I Don't Throw a Big Keg Party Over Here...




(...although if I can line up a couple of hot ladies like those above to plant a big smoocheroo on each other, then I might reconsider my keg party stance.)

Faster than you can say "Ross Perot Was Crazy," multiple links at bottom make clear that there's a growing push (by "Americans Elect" and others) for a viable third-party and/or Independent presidential candidate next year. I think it will probably happen and I felt compelled to say a word or two about it here, although I'm not firing off any fireworks over the notion.

Sure, I'd probably vote for such a candidate. After all, I always vote for third-party candidates at the presidential level. I've never voted for a republic partisan gop-er for president and only once did I ever vote for a member of the leftist 20 percenter democrat party (slimeball Bill Clinton hoodwinked the young, dumb Rager in 1992 AD).

But make no mistake: The candidate would have no chance. Our rotten two-party system is THAT entrenched in an American political culture that's evolved into this subhuman sort of slime creature dead-set on ending this country as we know it. Look no further than Exhibits 1 and 2: 12 years of doctrinaire, destructive sleazebuckets like George W. Bush and His Majesty Barack H. Obama.

I've often pointed out the statistic: The best third-party presidential performance in American history came almost 100 years ago in 1912 AD, when ultra-charismatic former president Teddy Roosevelt managed to garner only a paltry 27% of the popular vote. (BTW, he and the gop-er candidate lost that year, and in a big way, to leftist Woodrow Wilson).

But I don't want to come across as totally defeatist, because that's not even my main reason for having scant enthusiasm for some "savior" third-party candidate. Instead, I have little doubt that any such candidate is going to come straight out of one of the two corrupt, out-of-touch parties that we already have. For example: A Hillary Clinton; A Ron Paul; A Colin Powell. No Thanks; No Thanks; and No Thanks.

However, as stated many times in this space over the past year, one such person whom I would welcome as an Independent candidate remains The Donald Trumper himself. I'm on record: Doubt I could ever vote for his crazy ass, but I'd sure love the high entertainment of him running a campaign and participating in debates against the sad likes of Obama and stand-for-nothing partisan stiff known as Mitt Romney.

So Give Me Trump, or Give Me Nothing, in 2012 AD. Otherwise, you're just boring me over there.