Monday, August 29, 2011

PLEASE Take Her Home, Already, Mickey! 80's One-hit Wonder Tony Basil Says Music Producer Is Hiding Her "Mickey" From the World!




I say take her by the hooves, Mickey, and get her the hell out of here, Mickey. Because it's gals like her, Mickey. I say that because 67-year-old Tony Basil is raising quite the stink these days over her one chart hit -- 1982's "Mickey." Would someone please slip the old fossil a Mickey to calm her down, please?

In a new lawsuit, Basil is accusing the song's producer of hiding the song's master recordings and moving them all over the Big Apple so no one get at them. And trust me, I'm sure there's no shortage of people, groups and organizations out there clamoring just to get a hold of the Mickey tapes. I've heard Indiana Jones may even take the case.

Basil says the master tapes belong to her (just coming to that realization now, Toni?) and she wants the producer to turn 'em over, damn it! Producer ain't so fine, she might say.

But what blows my mind is that anyone, including Basil, would really care. Hell, I think this producer is doing us all a huge favor.

Because, truth be told, "Mickey" has to be one of the most annoying pieces of bubblegum drivel ever to hit the Billboard Hot 100. "Mickey" makes Rebecca Black's "Friday" sound like Beethoven's Fifth. If the Mickey master tapes are hidden in some Manhattan basement, let them stay there, I say.

And if we're lucky, Hurricane Irene flooded said basement and swept Mickey forever away into the sewer system. Oh, Mickey, what a pity!