Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day 2010! Get Out and Vote...

...regardless of what your political persuasion might be. For the record, I (like most Independents today) voted against the democrat party in my U.S. House and Senate races, checking the box next to republicans Kevin Yoder (House) and Jerry Moran (Senate) here in Kansas. As I've discussed previously, I was not overly impressed with either Yoder or Moran, and in a different election cycle I would have voted third party. But this year, I had no choice.

In my statewide races (Governor, Secretary of State, etc.), I was thoroughly unimpressed with the democrat party and republican candidates and voted third party as a protest vote in every single race (which is what I have typically done for a number of years now).

We'll see how things shake out nationally. I think it's almost a certainly that republicans take over the U.S. House and likely do not capture the Senate. Frankly, I couldn't care less on either front. All I know is that there will be substantial republican gains in both the House and Senate, restoring a necessary balance of power to Congress and making it impossible, starting in January, for the democrat party to ram-rod any further far leftist legislation down the unwilling throats of the American people. That was a necessary outcome today, and we Independents are going to make it happen.