Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amazingly, I Still Get to Use My Obama/Pelosi/Reid Pictures For the Face of the Democrat Party. Works for Me.

Slimeball Harry Reid somehow held on to his Nevada Senate seat yesterday (and thus will remain Senate Majority Leader), thanks in large part to the awful quality of his deranged right-winger opponent, Sharron Angle. Additionally, even though the republicans won control of the U.S. House, all indications are that Pelosi will continue as democrat party leader (now minority leader) in the House. So it looks like two more years of getting to use my Obama/Pelosi/Reid pictures. I had lamented that I might have to retire them.

On the GOP side, we'll now have John "Party Time" Boehner and his incessant sun tan as the new House speaker and therefore as one of the top faces of the republican party. I've not been much of a fan of Boehner, and I think he's a terrible face for the republican party -- although (1) probably not as bad as the three-headed monster face of Obama/Pelosi/Reid (can you believe a poll this week found only 8% of Independents view Pelosi favorably?!) and (2) Boehner being a bad face for his party is definitely not my problem.

In closing, I'd just like to say what a nice day today is. The sun seems a little brighter, and the air a little fresher. A measure of power balance between these two awful parties has been restored in Washington DC, which makes it a great day for the United States of America. And we Independents -- the people who decide elections -- played as much of a role in that as anyone yesterday.

Postscript: I have heard some rumblings today that Pelosi could retire. We'll have to see, but I'd think that would be highly awkward given that she just won re-election in her San Francisco district yesterday. Regardless, at a minimum I'll be able to use my pictures of the notorious threesome until the end of the year, as Obama & The Dems are sure to pull some real shenanigans in the lame duck session this month and next.