Monday, September 20, 2010

More Proof Positive of the Out of Touch Nature of Obama & His Remaining Supporters: What Do They Have Against Franks & Beans?


At a townhall meeting today, an Obama supporter (and one of the White House's handpicked "questioners") complained to Obama about the economy and said she "thought we were well beyond the hot dogs and beans era" (also suggesting that such "might be where we're headed again") (story in first link at bottom).

So what do these folks have against franks and beans? I grew up on those (in particular, boiled hot dogs mixed with heated Van Camp's pork and beans). And I still love eating that dish on occasion. Granted, hot dogs are not very healthy, and I do try to temper that fact by eating the Oscar Meyer's ultra-low-fat hot dogs (which I find delicious, although they don't cook up very well on a grill).

And I think that I may just have to fix myself a nice hot pot of franks and beans tonight just to spite the Obama people. I mean, what's next from them? A ramen noodle blast, maybe? Perhaps that a bologna sandwich is beneath them? And I swear that if they start railing on my Slimeball Sandwiches (second link at bottom), them's really gonna be fightin' words!

But kidding aside: That lady's comments to Obama are getting quite the Net attention today. I heard her entire rant, and I actually for one second felt an ounce sorry for Obama since that lady personifies his core supporter and the type of person necessary to re-elect him. The lady didn't question any specific policy of Obama. Rather, she just whined and complained that the economy is bad, times are tough, and that she thought Obama was going to "change" things with all the visions of "hope" he conjured up on the campaign trail.

Translation: We elected you to take care of us, and why aren't you doing that? This is classic core dem voter mindset. Never mind the bothersome intricacies of policy, but instead just make me feel good emotionally and reassure me that someone will take care of us. Well lady, if you're really waiting for that kind of reassurance from anyone, I hope you're prepared for a long wait. That just ain't how life works (even with the most far left president and congress of my lifetime in power).

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/09/20/cnbc_town_hall_questioner_to_obama_im_exhausted_of_defending_you.html