Monday, September 6, 2010

Bow Wow Wow: Obama Goes to the Dogs This Weekend, Makes Another Unwise (To Be Kind) Political Statement.


When I started this blog in April 2009, I can still recall my impression at that time of Obama. I knew who he was during the 2008 campaign (one had only to glance at his Senate voting record), and I certainly did not vote for him (nor for the tired old John McCain). But I also very much respected the political skill that Obama showed during the 2008 campaign -- where he virtually never made a political mistake. I was ready to place him right up there with Clinton and Reagan as the best politicians of my lifetime (which, yes, is pretty much a backhanded slap and insult).

Flash forward to everything we've seen since, starting with Obama's off-the-cuff pronouncements, without knowing any of the facts, concerning the arrest of the Cambridge professor in 2009. What's been on display starting with that event is a very fickle, standoffish, thin-skinned man prone to wandering "off-prompter" at the drop of the hat and making incredibly foolish political statements. Put another way, Obama ain't no Clinton or Reagan. Not on your life. (Not that I view either one of them as being great presidents, because I don't -- but they sure were very skilled politicians).

And so it is today that we see Obama again straying off-script yet again and accusing political opponents of "talking about me like I'm a dog." Frankly, I have no earthly idea what Obama even means by that, precisely. But what does it matter? When the President of the United States is whining about opponents treating him like a canine, it's simply comes across as very sophomoric and non-presidential regardless of whatever the hell he's even driving at in making the statement.

And for the record, while I may think most of Obama's policies, such as the health care monstrosity and the Cap'n trade fright are examples of "dogs with fleas" (to quote the immortal words of Gordon Gekko), I don't get nor understand how any of the very legitimate criticisms of Obama's policies are the equivalent of equating Obama to some sort of domesticated house pet. I'll need some further explanation from Obama before I can even hope to address that one.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/06/obama-they-talk-about-me-like-a-dog/