Friday, August 27, 2010

What's Good For the Goose Is Good For the Gander: Ohio Church Pickets Strip Club, So Strippers Picket Church!

The story's from the small town of Warsaw, Ohio (link at bottom -- no pictures, unfortunately, so I used one of my trusty Bikini Car Wash pics above. I gotta give ya "art," after all!). It seems that members of a local fundamentalist Christian church, New Beginnings Ministries, have been picketing the local strip joint (called The Fox Hole) for three straight months (which does take some real dedication). Finally having enough of that, the strippers (clad in bikinis) hit the church grounds during Sunday services for a little protesting of their own!

The ladies reportedly toted their own signs "adapted from scripture," such as one that read, "Do unto others as you would have done on to you." One stripper, "Lola" ("stage age 36 but really 42" -- I had never heard of the concept of "stage age" before!), brought her own sign that read, "Jesus loves the children of the world!"

And get a load of this kooky church preacher, Bill Dunfee: He reportedly "believes that a higher power has tasked him with shutting down the strip club." Says Reverend Right-Winger: "As a Christian community, we cannot share territory with the Devil. Light and darkness cannot exist together, so the Fox Hole has got to go." Based on such sentiments, Pastor Sourpus has refused an offer from the Fox Hole's owner to cease the stripper protests if the church will also back down on its incessant picketing. No word whether this Deacon of the Dorks or any of his "flock" have yet taken up any of the strippers on the Fox Hole's 30-buck lap dance special during the Sunday morning protests at the church.

BTW, I recently in this space expressed my opposition to the building of the Ground Zero Mosque (and any place of worship, for that matter) in the Ground Zero vicinity. That makes me (and 65-70% of my fellow Americans) an Islamophobe in the eyes of the American far left. I also have problems with a lot of the stuff I hear spewed by fundamentalist Christians all the time. Does that make me also a Fundamentaphobe? Works for me.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100827/D9HROVM00.html