Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gee, Thanks Obama & The Leftist Dems For Forcing Me to Vote for a Moran & George W. Bush Clone for U.S. Senate! Thanks a Lot.



And so is the angst of this and many other Independents as we look forward the November midterm elections. We must (at least I and a majority of us believe, according to a recent poll) vote republican in our U.S. House & Senate races in order to try to restore some measure of power balance to a Washington DC that has been frighteningly controlled by the far leftist Obama & The Dems for the last year and a half.

Now, I'd be the first to admit that I totally march to the beat of my own drummer and am fairly atypical among Independents, in that I pride myself in never voting for candidates from either of these two extreme-controlled B.S. parties. As noted often in this space, I haven't voted for a dem or a repub in any race since the mid-1990's, and the only the dem or repub I've ever voted for in a presidential election was Clinton in 1992 when I was a kid, much more to the left, and was hoodwinked by the charms of the slimeball known as Slick Willie.

Instead, since these days I always vote for third party candidates as a protest against these two parties. In contrast, most of my fellow Independents try their best to choose between the lesser of two evils and typically vote for either a dem or repub in most races. I refuse to do that, but I respect and realize that most Independents see and do things differently.

However, this fall I really feel that I have no choice but to vote repub in my federal races (I damn sure won't be voting for any repubs in my state and local races). I feel this obligation after watching 18 plus months of the most politically extreme control of our federal government that I've witnessed in my lifetime. Simply put, Obama & The Dems, with their iron grip on federal power, have been great for the 15-20% of the population that they represent, but what about all the rest of us? So I must swallow my principles and pride and vote repub at the federal level in November.

Which brings me to the subject of one Jerry Moran (pictured above on the phone), the likely GOP nominee in the Kansas U.S. Senate race this fall. Today my day was effectively ruined when I saw this Moran in a TV ad acting like your typical deranged right-winger, talking about how he wants to push a bunch of tax cuts and get back to the W Bush way of doings things in that regard.

Excuse Me! W Bush presided over a regime that started this country down the road of absolute fiscal irresponsibility that has only festered to new heights on the watch of the Leftists. W Bush saddled us (1) with huge wartime spending debts over a B.S. war in Iraq whose pretense, WMD's, was absolutely false (and I believe W knew that full well going in) and (2) a flurry of tax cuts coupled with huge deficit spending.

Obama & The Dems have only ratcheted up that irresponsible spending six-fold, with the 2009 budget deficit being almost 6 times the worst it ever was under W Bush. W irresponsibility: Cut taxes, jack up spending, and fight a highly costly war we had no reason fighting. Obama irresponsibility: Raise taxes to the hilt, jack up spending and the size of the federal government as much as possible, and continue to prosecute a different war without any apparent strategy for winning it or achieving a point of exit. (Have I said before that the two worst presidents of my lifetime have been W Bush and Obama, so destructively back-to-back and even worse than Jimmy Carter, which is really saying something?)

The solution to our extreme fiscal woes in this country lies in a courageous leader who realizes that getting back on the right track involves reigning in spending through hard and unpopular budgetary choices, while at the same time recognizing that this is no time for tax cuts (nor tax increases). Where is that leader? Well, he sure as hell ain't running for the U.S. Senate in Kansas. And the one repub who might (but probably won't) beat out the Moran for the GOP nomination is one Todd Tiahrt -- a Tea Party favorite whose mindless attack ads on the Moran make him even more scary to me than the W Bush clone!

So thanks again, Obama & The Leftist Dems for forcing me, against principle, to vote for someone whom I would not otherwise vote for in a million years. Although, in closing, I will say one positive thing about the Moran: Unlike his twin, W Bush, at least the Moran knows how to hold a phone in the correct direction. Which, I guess, makes W the even bigger Moran than the Moran himself!