Monday, February 8, 2010

New York Post Is Officially Now My Favorite Newspaper: Today's Headline - Farting Fool Headmaster Gets Busted For Age Discrimination AND Flatulence!



OK, so that's actually a headline that I wrote, but there's plenty of hilarious language in the Post story as well! So apparently this supervisor guy at a New York seminary, who has been referred to as the "unholy 'Gasbag' boss" has been sued for "reeking havoc"! Dude apparently has a very raw ass of almost Biblical proportions (and I thought I was bad). The Post reports that said supervisor "allegedly made life a smelly hell for a longtime employee at the seminary by emitting constant barrages of flatulence in her work area." That's according to the allegations of the employee's new lawsuit. But the story doesn't end there. The employee also alleges that she "caught wind [what else] of an even bigger problem", which would be the supervisor allegedly sending an e-mail to the seminary staff "advocating that older workers put themselves out to pasture." Good stuff from the Post!

As I have expressed a number of times in this space, I LOVE the New York Post and all of the language and puns that it uses in its newswriting. Could journalistic purests criticize The Post? Sure. But at least it's the truth, even if spoken in funny words and puns. And BTW, where are all of those journalistic purests when it comes to FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, New York Times, etc., etc., etc., and all of the partisan slants (to both the right and left) that all of those news entities constantly emanate? Until they say anything about that, they can shut the hell up about the NY Post in my view. As a proud grad of the oldest J-School in the country (University of Missouri-Columbia, BTW), I proudly proclaim that I love the New York Post! -- at least they entertain me and don't give me constant reason to distrust their objectivity.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/unholy_gasbag_boss_sued_for_reeking_KIKFRjR8bmHOOqK1QDHdxM