Monday, January 11, 2010

I Like Looking at Palin as Much as the Next Dude, But I Really Don't Need to See Her on My TV Every Night.

That's my immediate reaction to the news today that FoxNews has signed up Palin to be a regular FoxNews "contributor" (i.e. political talking head who appears regularly on FoxNews shows). I think my views on Palin have been made pretty clear in this space over time. I like her on a personal level, I think she's hot, I respect her smalltown background (which the Dems viciously attacked from the moment McCain named her as his VP candidate -- see The White Grill feature in the right-hand sidebar), and I defend her when I see the radical left attacking her in mean-spirited, unfair ways.

But I seriously doubt that I could ever vote for her for president because I'm not a right-wing conservative and, moreover, I just have never been convinced that she has what it takes to be a good president. (BTW, I thought the very same of Obama, Biden and McCain (at least at his age) in last year's campaign, but I digress). And I really don't need to hear from her on a nightly basis on my television. But I guess I'll look on the bright side: Maybe she'll steal some of the airtime away from the slimey Karl Rove, whom FoxNews splashes all across its prime time lineup like whitewash on a Hannibal, Missouri picket fence.