Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's All This Then with the Silly Commotion Over Adam Lambert at the AMAs?

How many of these awards shows have I seen where a couple of ladies are grinding or kissing or doing all sort of sexually provocative things. Hardly an eyelash is batted. But when this Adam Lambert does the same thing with a bunch of male performers and kisses one of them, STOP EVERYTHING! CAN'T HAVE THAT! Please. Grow up, America. If you're going to rant and rave about this, then rant and rave every time the ladies engage in this kind of stuff on TV. Otherwise, you have no credibility with me. My own view: I'm not offended by any of it. I don't think any of this sort of stuff should be viewed by young kids, but as an adult, I have no problem with any of it. But if you do, I can respect that, but only if you're calling it out every time it happens, regardless of the sex of the folks involved.

Two Postscript Notes: (1) Look at the above pic. Lambert has some real blemishes. Teenage acne? (2) Love how ABCNews, which bends over backward to Obama and the far left whenever it can, makes a homophobic jackass of itself by banning Lambert from Good Morning America. Hey ABCNews: You're just doctrinaire and slanted. I'm much more open-minded than you, homophobic network.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091124/D9C64U9O0.html