Monday, September 28, 2009

What's the Story Behind The Story on Obama's Olympics Trip?


Leaving aside the issue of whether Obama's trip to Copenhagen to lobby for an Olympics to be awarded to his beloved Chicago is truly the best use of his time (it's not) given such things as, oh I don't know, a war in Afghanistan currently lacking any dedicated or articulated plan but still piling up bodybags on an almost daily basis -- Leaving that little issue alone, I'm a bit intrigued by the whole trip because it would seem that Obama stands to lose a fair amount of face if he is not successful on this trip (accord: link below). I don't buy that Obama would take such a risk if his chances for success were truly up in the air. And so I wonder what Obama knows that we don't. I would bet (could be wrong, of course) that there is very little chance that Obama will not be successful in this endeavor.