Sunday, September 27, 2009

"I'm Blind But I'm Not Oblivious."


Great line today from embattled New York Governor David Paterson (democrat), who's being pressured by Obama & The Dems not to run for re-election in 2010 (link below). For a dem party that so revels in calling Sarah Palin a "quitter," they sure are quick to want to pressure Paterson (the country's first legally blind governor and one of the few African-Americans ever elected to a gubernatorial office) to do the same thing for which they chide Palin. But hypocrisy by either of these two parties is never much of a surprise and, besides, my focus here is on Paterson. I might not agree with most of Paterson's politics, but I credit him for sticking up to the White House (Paterson says he intends to run for re-election) and indicating that he's not just going to ride off into the sunset simply because Obama snaps his fingers. I admire the gumption.