Tuesday, September 15, 2009

U.S. Senate Sergeant At Arms in the House!


I had a couple of page views today from the ISP for the office of the U.S. Senate Sergeant At Arms (the head of security for the U.S. Senate). Some person in that office was searching "Claire McCaskill" through Google's "Blog Search" engine and apparently ended up here. Seems a little weird to me. But regardless, Sarge, my position in this space on Claire McCaskill has always been made pretty clear: I very much disagree with her support of a health care reform plan that includes a public option, but I have also developed a fair measure of respect for her for participating in multiple noisy town hall meetings across the State of Missouri so that ordinary citizens could make their voices heard last month. So many of her fellow members of Congress ran for the hills in August, too afraid to participate in any town hall meetings (my representative, Dennis Moore of Kansas, among them). So there you have it. Come back any time, Sarge -- and next time, leave a comment or two, dude!