Thursday, September 17, 2009

There Will Be Violence in the Streets! (Not.)

The latest from Loony Nancy today (as appears on RealClearPolitics.com):

“I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw … I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco,” Pelosi said, choking up and with tears forming in her eyes. “This kind of rhetoric is just, is really frightening and it created a climate in which we, violence took place and … I wish that we would all, again, curb our enthusiasm in some of the statements that are made.”

So let me get this straight. First, anyone with the nerve to vocally disagree with Obama & The Dems was a right-wing extremist. Then he/she was a mobster. Then a nazi. Then a brownshirt. Then a racist. And now: Any such person is about to become a violent criminal. The Dems, it would seem, are quickly running out of vile, moronic insults to paint anyone who disagrees with them on anything. I say, "it would seem," because actually I think they probably still have plenty more of these silly cards to play. I can only imagine. How about calling all critics "pedofiles"? How about "stormtroopers" (maybe too close to nazi)? How about "baby killers"? How about "murderers"? There's no shortage of possibilities! And it's really becoming hard to even be very outraged at the continually revolving door of the new insult-of-the-day from the dems. It's really starting to become old hat. And in the meantime, their polls just continue to lose more and more Independents. Political genius, dems!