Sunday, August 23, 2009

The New Vietnam?


Tonight I'm not going to go through my usual recitation of U.S. deaths, troop escalations, etc., in Afghanistan. You guys and gals can read and watch the news just as well as me (see links below), and probably already have. But suffice it to say that things in the Afghanistan hellhole definitely do not seem to be going well and are rapidly deteriorating into an abyss. And I continue to wait (as I have been for months in this space) for Obama to use of one his myriad pressers and townhall appearances to talk to the American people in detail about Afghanistan and to tell us what the hell the plan and objective over there really are. With American men and women dying over there seemingly every day, I think Obama owes us that much. I really don't think it's asking a whole lot, do you?