Sunday, August 23, 2009

Allow me to present: Perhaps THE most unhealthy fast food franchise anywhere in America: Taco Bueno (which should be ashamed of itself).


Recently when a friend was pulling through a Taco Bueno drive-thru, I was asked if I wanted to order something. I follow a very low saturated fat diet, and as I glanced over the menu, I saw nothing that looked very favorable. But I noticed the "Mexican rice" on the side order menu, and so I directed my friend just to order me that (since "Mexican" or "Spanish" rice is almost invariably always a very low fat fish). And then I proceeded to take that dish home and eat it. Come to find out tonight in looking at Taco Bueno's website, that even such a simple rudimentary dish as that had TWELVE grams of fat (at most "mexican" restaurants, it would have ONE OR TWO). So that led me to start to peruse the nutrition counter on the entirety of the Taco Bueno menu. And I have to say, it's the most PATHETIC menu that I have seen from any fast food chain in America. There are NO low fat options, NO healthy options. One needs look no further than the Beef Mucho Nachos (apparently pictured above), which they actually sell to the consuming public with a fat count of NINETY-SEVEN GRAMS OF FAT per unit. Talk about a total and utter disregard for the health of your customers. Talk about a complete disregard for the better welfare of the consuming public. Taco Bueno should be ashamed of itself. Heck, even at Taco Bell, I can order a Fresco Burrito. Even at Burger King, I can order a Veggie Burger. Taco Bueno is pathetic. I will never eat anything from that pathetic joint ever again. Is it so much to ask that our food vendors have an OUNCE of concern for their consuming public? I don't think so.