Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sarah Palin resigns as Alaska governor. Who cares?


I don't live in Alaska, do you? The almost wall-to-wall media coverage of Palin's resignation this weekend just illustrates how Palin is much more of a celebrity and circus act than serious politician -- as if her previous words, demeanor and actions weren't already sufficient evidence of the same. My views on Palin, I think, have always been fairly clear: I generally like her on a personal level, and she is hot. But even apart from her being a right wing ideologue (which I have no place for), I don't think she has what it takes to be president. I just don't see it. However, I would like to thank Palin for something. With the possible exception of "W!", there is no person in this country rising to the level of Palin in terms of being the incessant drumbeat target of far left hate, disdain and mean-spiritedness. Just by being you, Sarah, you help to remind me on a regular basis just how nutty and hateful the far left loons really are.