Saturday, June 13, 2009

OK, at Draconem's request, I took another Political Compass test tonight.


I've taken this damn thing at least twice before, along with a number of other "political gauge" tests. And as I was telling Draconem, these tests almost always tell me that I am slightly left of center, even though in my own biased personal opinion, I think I am slightly right of center. Here were my political compass numbers, consistent with past takings of the same "test": Economic Left/Right: minus 0.75 (meaning ever so slightly to the left); Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: minus 4.36 (meaning leaning a bit more to the left, but not a huge amount). But as I commented to Draconem, who the hell knows what intentional or institutional spin or bias this survey tries to place on things (in my experience, EVERYONE, and EVERY WEBSITE, has an angle). It's quite possible that this site tries to slightly veer people to the left out of the website's own personal interests. But who the hell knows. I don't. Me: Frankly, I really couldn't give a rat's ass. Because I know who I am: A truly free-thinking Independent who has some liberal views, some conservative ones, and a whole host of other ones somewhere in between. That's how it should be for any intellectually honest, free-thinking human being. And ultimately, my goal is to encourage anyone who reads me to strive to be just such an individual. As I like to say, THAT'S what I'm talkin' bout!
(BTW, Draconem is the cool dude behind Master Blog Report, along with SoCalTigr -- these two fools have been crazy enough to give me a forum for my rather unique panoply of viewpoints, and I would encourage all readers everywhere to check out their very cool new website! -- http://www.masterblogreport.com/).