Monday, June 15, 2009

Methinks O'Reilly made a Royal Jackass of himself tonight with KC Star's Mary Sanchez.













As best I can tell from what was described on O'Reilly's show, Ms. Sanchez took the stand in a column which was very similar to my stand in this space and which was actually very defending of O'Reilly -- i.e., that all these far left freaks, including the Star's Mike Hendricks, who came out and said that the anti-abortion crowd was basically an accomplice in the Tiller murder, are full of crap. So O'Reilly gets this poor lady on the air, and rather than paying any attention to her basically defending him and standing up for her correct viewpoint here (i.e. that it's wrong to blame anyone for Tiller's murder other than the actual slimeball who went in there and killed Tiller in cold blood), O'Reilly rants and raves in full bullying mode about her disagreement with him on the late-term abortion issue. His behavior on this particular segment is about as bad as I've seen it from O'Reilly (and in the interests of full disclosure, I also oppose late-term abortions, which is an entire area outside the Roe v. Wade decision and its progeny). O'Reilly was pure bully tonight and purely disrespectful to Ms. Sanchez. I've said previously in this space that I can more or less take or leave O'Reilly because he is so often no more than a bully and a pompous blowhard. And that's precisely what he was tonight, reminding me very much of a certain jackass sports talking head that we have here in KC called Kevin Keitzman. I may just referring to O'Reilly henceforth as "Keitz!", because he pretty much deserves that after his performance tonight. And by the way, O'Reilly, why don't you get me on the air one of these nights, Mr. So-Called, Alleged "Independent" (which you are not for one day of your life), and then why don't you try bullying me around? I'd LOVE to see how that would work out for ya!