Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm getting a little tired of the predictable far right stance that His Majesty should be ranting & raving & jumpin' off curbs about Iran's election


First of all, I for one have had plenty (way too much) of the failed neo-con revolution of the last 8 years, which was convinced (so much so as to outright lie to us about the pretense for invading Iraq) that it is our job to go around spreading our cultural and political system throughout the world. That is not our job. When we embark upon that course, it's a very dangerous road and it costs us many, many (way too many) lives of young American troops. Second, His Majesty is in a difficult pickle here -- If he comes out swinging about the likely fraudulent nature of the election -- when in all likelihood this is all going to die down with the Ayatollah still firmly in charge -- it will undermine, at the very least, this so-called backdoor deal with Iran about them not meddling in the Iraq situation. So while I freely and openly (as is my RIGHT as a FREE American) criticize His Majesty when I see fit, I won't here. This is a very delicate situation, and I respect the delicate way he is handling it so far.