Thursday, June 4, 2009

I actually thought this was a decent Talking Points from O'Reilly in anticipation of His Majesty's "muslim speech" today.




http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525080,00.html

I think this Talking Points is from last night. My thing on O'Reilly (because I don't think I've ever expressed a view on him in this space) has always been that's he basically just a loud-mouthed blowhard, and quite frankly much the bully to many who come on his show. But he also purports to be an Independent, and I give that some credit for that. I think he's definitely to the right of me, but he makes some pretty decent points here and there. But I digress. The good point I thought he made in this Talking Points is that Obama was in kind of a tough spot with this speech. The far right in the US was going to attack him no matter what he said, same as the Islamic extremists overseas. And it appears that such is exactly what occurred today, based on a quick review of the Net tonight. (But on the flipside, the predominantly liberal national media in the US was going to gush all over this speech, again no matter what was said -- so at least Obama had that positive going for him! And that also appears to be exactly what happened.). Frankly, I'm been out of pocket all day and haven't even had a chance to read any of the coverage about what Obama actually said. Maybe later tonight or in the morning. And rest assured, if he said anything that particularly outrages me, or (on the other hand) that I think was very well-stated, then I'll blog about it. Otherwise, I won't. The point of this post is just to say that O'Reilly had a good point when he said that this was no easy speech for Obama to deliver in Cairo.