Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Is White House press secretary Robert Gibbs merely a thin-skinned little male clone of Janet Napolitano? I guess I better be "careful" over here!




Here goes His Majesty's administration again with the pointed comments about the kinds of words and language we should be using and the kinds of thoughts we should be expressing. Almost as quick as you can say Terrorist or Swine Flu, Gibbs is in on the act today with this outlandish statement concerning those who may try to criticize His Majesty's Supreme Court nominee, Sonia Sotomayor:
“I think it is probably important for anybody involved in this debate to be exceedingly careful with the way in which they’ve decided to describe different aspects of this impending confirmation."
My follow-up question to Gibbs is simple: OR WHAT? What's going to happen to me if I'm not "exceedingly careful" (in your book) in any criticisms I might have of Sotomayor? Obviously, nothing's gonna happen. (See United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, First Amendment therein). That's why there is neither any rhyme nor reason to such an absurd assertion -- Rather it's just another mindless, overbearing directive from His Majesty's administration. Well, Your Majesty, that's some real good advice there. I hope you don't mind too much if I don't follow it. (Wink on the last line to that classic 70's western, Alias Smith & Jones).