Monday, November 18, 2013

LOL: Literally! "Football Coach Fired After He Planned Party for 12-Year-Olds at HOOTERS, Then Refused to Change Venue, Insisting 'It's Not a Strip Club'"!














He's Corbett Middle School football coach Randy Burbach, and a part of me says this dude's a man after my own heart for taking his crew of 12-year-olds to the Jantzen Beach Hooters near Portland, Oregon (link below).  But the other part of me screams, What an Idiot!

If I had a 12-year-old son, I don't think I'd have any problem taking him to a Hooters.  It's just a bar-and-grill food joint (and pretty tasty at that).  So what if the broads there who serve you tend to have great racks and show off a fair amount of cleavage?  Is that so wrong?

But alas, many people out there don't quite see the world on the same terms that I do.  And if I'm lookin' to take a team of 12-year-old kids to get some eats at some local joint, then Hooters ain't it... 

You see, in this life, a man -- particularly one acting as a leader of young people -- needs to look a few clicks down the ol' road when it comes to his decision-making.  He needs to see and consider the obvious fact that many parents of 12-year-old boys are gonna be none too appreciative of plans that place the boys in front of a bunch of scantily-clad gazongas.

And guess what, Coacher -- that's their right.  They're the kids' parents, not you.  You (like me) might not have a problem with 12-year-olds at Hooters, but the fact that they, the parents, do have an issue with it should be given the ultimate respect.

Or put much more simply, what are ya thinkin', You Fool?!?  But many thanks to Coach Burbach for giving me a big laugh with that quoted headline that resulted from his ill-conceived decision.  In these rotten times, we need all the big laughs we can get.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2487946/Oregon-school-football-coach-fired-planned-party-12-year-olds-HOOTERS.html