Friday, October 11, 2013

With About a Year Until the 2014 Midterms, I Thought It Worth a Few Moments to Reflect on a Most Beautiful Word in the American Lexicon:
G-R-I-D-L-O-C-K!













I've said it before (and even despite my disagreement with the current government shutdown):  Gridlock is good. Gridlock is your friend. Gridlock's the warrior standing between your freedom and a legion of loony leftists and deranged right-wingers who would only seek to usurp it if they had absolute federal power to do so. Freedom's also a beautiful word, but these days you can't have freedom for long without a healthy dose of gridlock to protect it.

The leftist 20 percenters are prepared to focus all energy on grounding out gridlock once and for all in 2014 (by taking back the U.S. House). Obama's minions have as much as said that this is as important to Obama's "legacy" as anything that's come before -- gotta give His Majesty a big lefty cudgel for those last 2 years, after all.

But my money's on my friend gridlock once again saving the day come next year. So inspired by my friend, was I in the past few weeks, that I actually broke into song, penning the following short tune that I have entitled, "Sweet Gridlock":

Gridlock, sweet Gridlock.
The alternative to you is hemlock.
I'm thinkin' all the ways that you rock.
Our best friend, Gridlock.

Shellshocked, I was shellshocked.
Back in '09 with all the left rot.
I said boot them to the end of the block.
So we could get us some Gridlock.

Restock, let's restock.
That's the cry for next year from the left crocks.
I think they wanna whack out my Gridlock.
Like a poke to the eye with a wind sock.

So Gridlock, save Gridlock.
Don't send him on his way out the air lock.
I don't wanna take him on a space walk.
We need him here, sweet Gridlock.