Monday, August 5, 2013

Rainy City Renobs: Seattle Seeks to Ban "Potentially Offensive" Language Such as "Citizen" and "Brown Bag." And For Good Reason...
















I'm not sure why anyone would be up in arms over this ban. "Citizen" is so stereotypical. Just because I live here and somewhat blend in does not necessarily make me a "citizen." I could be an illegal alien, or a hobo just passin' through, for all you know. Do not just go around making suppositions about me. That offends me. And it's me that matters.

Same for "brown bag." What if you schedule a "brown bag" lunch and I feel like calling out for a hot meal to be delivered in? Or what if I do bring my eats from home, but in a lunchbox instead of your "brown bag." What then? Am I gonna ruin your freakin' lunch?! Oh, and Heaven Forbid if I feel like channeling my inner wino and gettin' my drink on outta a damn "brown bag"!

I get angrier that a midget stewardess in a manhole when I hear people using these kinds of offensive words and phrases. It's so not P-C.  And thus Viva La Seattle, I say! Besides, I always credit cities and locations that put me on advance notice of why I likely would never want to visit them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10219389/Seattle-bans-words-citizen-and-brown-bag.html