Monday, May 13, 2013

Kansas City Named the #2 Most Redneck City in America, Beating Out Some Real Heavy Shit-Kickers! Who'da Thunk It?!?





The new Redneck City List (link below) comes from some skirt real estate blogger named Natalie Grigson in Austin, TX.  It finds that Kansas City is second only to Atlanta in terms of its redneckedness. And shocking to me are some of the joints that KC beat out, such as Dallas, Nashville, Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Quite the statement, there, my home city of Cowtown.

Now, I tried to break down the methodology behind the List to determine if there were any flaws. But found none. The criteria for the rankings seems as scientific and rock solid as one of those mechanical bulls down at Westport's old Beaumont Club. Specifically, the List took into account:

-Number of cowboy boot stores, taxidermists, and gun stores per capita.
-Number of NASCAR tracks within 30 miles of the city.
-Number of local country and western radio stations.
-Number of Wal-Marts in the area.
-Percentage of the population that didn't complete high school.
-Number of local repair stores for riding lawnmowers or tractors.

If KC is really #2 in the eyes of the redneck gods, then no wonder I can't recall Obama coming here since the 2008 campaign (he visited a nearby town called Osawatomie in late 2011 as a part of his "Fair Share" Tour, but that place is way out in the sticks).

But enough about that, already. I think I shall now go bitterly cling to my non-existent guns and religion down at Tex's Taxidermy Parlor. Ol' Tex is offering two muskrats for the price of one this week, and I gots nothing better to do since my riding lawnmower's on the fritz.  Ol' Tex, BTW, has one of those highfalutin' high school edumacations, but I still trusts him.

http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/10-most-redneck-cities/