Friday, March 15, 2013

Mississippi Tells Leftist NYC Mayor Bloomberg to G-F-Y, Passing "Anti-Bloomberg" Bill This Week! But Which Place Would YOU Want to Live?





Mississippi's "anti-Bloomberg" bill will reportedly "ban local limits on [restaurant] portion sizes and on requirements to post calorie counts."  Sounds to me like little more than political grandstanding, since you can't tell me there's a bunch of localities in ol' Dixie just clamoring to institute a gaggle of far leftist, Bloomberg-inspired, nanny-state food and lifestyle rules!...

But regardless, this story (link below) got me thinking: Which place would I (and would you) rather live? In Bloomberg's twisted land of Big Brother and huge-government control of the mundane details of our everyday lives? Or in the land of racists, rednecks and smelly shithouses?

I say you can keep 'em both. I think I'll stay right here in eastern Kansas. I've yet to see a single outdoor shitter over here, nor have I witnessed any more bigots or racists here than most any other place in the country (those louts tend to exist everywhere).

And our state government here largely stays out of our diets, personal habits, and paychecks. The only bad thing around here are those damn blasted jayhawkers (a real Debbie Downer, I must say), although even this Missourian has learned to coexist.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/passes-anti-bloomberg-bill-bans-limits-portions-posting-calorie-counts-article-1.1286804