Wednesday, February 13, 2013

If You Missed Obama's State of the Union Last Night, I Gots Ya Covered Over Here...


Here's a quick summary (and, truth be told, about all you need to know) from Obama's latest February snooze-fest:

"I," "me," "my," "mine," "fair share," "fairness," "balanced approach," "revenue," "reckless cuts," "deficit reduction alone," "progress," "reform," "invest in growth," "corporate profits," "wealthiest Americans," "the wealthiest and the most powerful," "the well-off and the well-connected," "billionaires," "grow the middle class," "roads and bridges," "guns," "thank ya honey," "climate change," "heatwaves, droughts, wildfires and floods," "Green energy," "unfinished task," "finish the job," "Executive Order," "If Congress won't act, I will," blah blah blah, blah blah...

There you have it. So many fresh, new transformational ideas last night. Ya know, after three years of actually (and for no good reason) doing full-length blog posts following these late-winter leftist laugh-a-thons by Obama, why would I bother again? I thought I'd just go ahead and rest on my laurels (why do people always say you can't do that?).

Plus, it was such a better use of my time last night just to take in this SOTU crap as background noise, like so many bad TV shows. And not for nothing, but I did have better things to do Tuesday night. The weekly supermarket flyers had just come in the mail. And the shithouse was much overdue for a good cleaning.