Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! Be Sure to Rack It In...



Of course I'll be having the typical Thanksgiving meal fare on Thursday afternoon, which always bores me a lot:  Turkey (tastes like cardboard); dressing (always too dry); cranberry sauce (never touch the stuff); and mashed potatoes/gravy (about the only thing I'll eat).  Banquet Meals just ain't what they used to be.  (OK, kidding.)  But...

What I'm really looking forward to are some of my own special eats on Thursday night.  I've got the following feast on tap:
  • A McDonald's McRib sandwich purchased earlier this week. Nothing says holiday season quite like the McRib!

  • Several leftover White Castle Slyders purchased in a Crave Case last December and since sitting and waiting in my freezer for a special occasion just like Turkey Day (!) (thinkin' of my friend Jim Gobble right now).

  • Some Bloomin' Onion remnants (since frozen) from a late summer jaunt to Outback Steakhouse.  Giddy-Up.

  • Perhaps a little Black Pepper Shrimp from Hy-Vee Chinese that I've been meaning to polish off over the past week. Me-needs to get that grub outtahere...

  • And finally, for the coup de grace: A big box of fried chicken gizzards from local fastfood joint "Go Chicken Go." Dip them gizzards in some ranch or red sauce, and they taste just like chicken, baby!
I love Thanksgiving.