Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Last Week the gop-ers, This Week the democrat party, Gets the Full Rager Treatment for its National Convention. Grade Card Time from Tuesday Night...


I figured I better give a little equal time, a little equal consideration, a little equal opportunity, to the leftist 20 percenter democrat party this week at its national convention and the speeches that I have a chance to see.  I want them to receive their "fair share."  Because the democrat party is just that special.  Especially on the very day when the U.S. national debt surpassed $16 trillion ("Un-American!", as the ultra-bipartisan visionary Barack Obama might say (and has said previously)).  Let's Get It On!...

1.  Kathleen Sebelius (Obama HHS secretary and Kansas redlegger):  D.  Last week I referred to several of the right-winger gop-er convention speakers as the "Boring White Guys" and gave them all collectively a "D" grade.  Well, Sebelius is a very "Boring White Woman," both generally and as a speaker.  Completely cliched defense of the Obamacare monstrosity that a majority of Americans hate.  They couldn't get the hook out fast enough for this broad.

2.  Rahm Emanuel (current Chicago mayor and former Obama DC enforcer/Chief of Staff):  C+/C.  "Once in a generation president," Emanuel trumpeted Obama.  I couldn't disagree more, since there have been two presidents from the years of my generation and lifetime who have equally stunk up the White House: (1) Barry and (2) his predecessor, W.  Still, however, I gave Emanuel the grade I did since he sounded like Lincoln and Douglas all rolled into one in comparison to Sebelius' speech right before him.

3.  Martin O'Malley (Maryland governor):  C-.  This guy offers more stupid grinning per minute than Pat Robertson at a Joker comic book convention.  What the hell?  Only escapes a "D" because this goof did seem to be enjoying himself up there.  Glad someone was.

4.  Julian Castro  (San Antonio mayor; pictured above):  A-/B+ (a "90," which I believe is the same I gave to gop-er Marco Rubio last week).  Castro generally spoke in fairly innocuous political terms throughout (coupling his staunch support for Obama by actually using words and phrases such as "God," "rugged individualism" and "bootstraps," which surely made the leftist 20 percenter democrat party base absolutely cringe and probably want to take out some PAC Ads against this young Hispanic).  The generic rhetoric made it difficult for me to gauge where the hell this guys stands on much of anything -- reminding me very much of 2008 and pre-2008 Obama speeches (although I knew exactly whom that guy was back then given his voting record).  Still, though, the personable-seeming Castro came across as a very talented speaker with a bright political future.  I'll be interested to see more of substance from this cat going forward.

[Quick aside:  Does the democrat party have any talented young up-and-comers who aren't city mayors?  (See Castro and Corey Booker).  If so, whom?  Realize, before blathering any response to me, that my definition of "talented young up-and-comer" is probably not the same as the typical leftist or right-winger partisan.]

5.  Michelle Obama (the First Dietician; pictured at top):  B.  A decent enough performance (she seemed proud to be speaking to her country tonight), but missed out on the opportunity to lob very many tacit bombs the way of the opponent, quite unlike Ann Romney (who fired off plenty and fairly effectively).  As a result, I found the speech a bit boring, if admittedly well-delivered (and she did look quite attractive and positively stunning), as I slammed down a big carryout plate of fried fish and chips from the joint down the street... 

Truth be told, I had this one down for a "B-" until Michelle actually provided a big laugh near the end of the speech with this absurdity: "For my Barack, there's no such thing as us and them -- He doesn't care if you're a democrat or a republican or none of the above."  The hell he doesn't, ma'am. The hell he doesn't.  And that's why he fails.  (But from me, extra credit always goes to those who make me laugh).

I'M THE RAGER, AND I APPROVED THIS POST.