Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bad Messaging: Hapless Hollywood Hobos Seek Coin with Pitches Dumber Than the Hollywood Stars Upon Which They Sleep!


I GET the whole mindless group-think leftist thing going on in Hollywood when it comes the actors, actresses, directors and producers. But apparently that lack of Independent intelligence has even gone so far as to trickle down to the less fortunate of Tinseltown society -- The Hobos. Or put another way, these bums really need a new PR consultant (see picture at the top)...

"Spare $ For Beer"?!? "Booze - Change"?!? See, here in the mainstream of America, the great Midwest, our tramps are far more advanced and intelligent. Sure, a lot of your donations to them will be going for booze, but they'd NEVER trumpet that fact! They're not STUPID, after all!

Here, our Hobos actually have an ounce of respect for their marks. "Haven't Eaten For Days, Spare $ Appreciated" is a common sign theme. Or, they'll come up to ya and swear, with the highest level of sincerity, that as little as 5 bucks can keep them eating for 5 days. No booze references -- since they're not dumb, and they know we aren't either. Which is a pretty sad indictment of L.A./Hollywood on both sides of the equation, truth be told.

Postscript: Here in Cowtown, I'm like the best and worst mark all rolled into one for these Hobos. I often can be cajoled into giving them everything I'm holding at that moment. Only problem: I rarely carry more 5 bucks at any given time. I hate cash, since I hate getting coin change back. I'm a debit card man, even for charges running less than a buck or two. But as for the bum who hit me with that "5 bucks/5 days" line recently -- he got his 5 all right, but I betcha he didn't get them 5 days. Hope he at least got a 40 for a little momentary distraction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2109006/Hollywoods-dark-underbelly-Beyond-glitz-glam-Oscars-homeless-struggle-survive.html