Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I May Have Flunked, But At Least I Never Drove Into the Damn Ocean: Woman Taking Drivers Test Nearly Caps a Hobo, Then Sails Into the High Seas!



Hey, I've had the Drivers Test Blues myself. I flunked twice at age 16. The first time through was the accumulation of a whole comedy of errors. The second time, I tried turning right from my left lane on a four-lane street. I flunked that one right there on the spot. "Uh, take a left at the next block," said the copper as he made me drive straight back to the examination station. But despite such horror stories, at least I never, ever, ever drove my '78 Ford Fairmont right into a large body of water (leastways during a drivers test), nor did I ever scare a hobo half to death (while operating a motor vehicle)...

Hard to say whom the biggest goof was here: 35-year-old Chile native Angela Castro or the instructor who had her take her drivers test on a freakin' coastal highway! That would be dumber and more dangerous than a campaign manager giving a polygraph test to Nancy Pelosi or Herman Cain. Talk about high risk, low reward.

During the drivers test, Castro (with instructor Edgardo Aguilera in tow) was reportedly driving her pick-up truck just a tad too fast as she approached a sharp curve on the coastal highway. But while most drivers would typically adjust to such a situation by hitting the brakes, Castro instead gunned the gas pedal (pictures above and below)! Whoops. Peligro!


But the scene was not so amusing, I'm sure, to a local hobo who had been sleeping on some rocks near the curve. As Castro lost control of the truck, she reportedly came within "a matter of inches" of running right over the slumbering roadside bum.

But even with the sleepy tramp now safely in the rear-view mirror, this speed demon Castro next smashed right through a metal barricade on the curve -- forcing her, her instructor and the truck to take a big long header straight into the Pacific Ocean!

For the lead-footed speedster Castro, there's both good news and bad news on this day. On the positive side of things, neither her nor her risktaker instructor were seriously injured, and both were ultimately able to safely escape the submerged truck largely unharmed.

But the bad news is twofold. First, that waterlogged pick-up ain't never gonna be quite the same. Can you say, "mold remediation"? Second, and even worse, the instructor gave Castro's high-speed ass a big fat F-A-I-L for "misjudging a curve" on that drivers test. "Misjudging," BTW? Didn't Teddy Kennedy once say something like that to cops about 10 hours after the fact? Worked out about as well for him too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070830/Think-failed-Learner-taking-test-drives-car-Pacific-misjudging-bend.html