Saturday, December 18, 2010

Would Republicans Really Ever Nominate Sarah Palin for President? New Poll Finds 6 in 10 Americans Would Not Even Consider Voting for Her in 2012.


With negative numbers like that, who needs Kate Gosselin? I've said before that Sarah Palin would have zero chance against Obama in the general election because of her high negatives, and the new ABC News/Washington post poll certainly supports that (first link at bottom). I just can't believe that republicans would ever consider nominating her, but yet she continues to be discussed as being as viable of a candidate for 2012 as anyone in the republican field.

For the record, count me among the 60% of Americans who wouldn't consider voting for Palin. And it's really nothing personal -- I just don't think she has the mentality necessary to be president (leaving alone the fact that I'm not a right-winger). Even though one of my prior blog posts is cited as the "Ronald Reagan" entry on TinaDupuy.com's Sarah Palin's Enemies List (where I had fun with Palin using "Bozo" instead "Bonzo" in the title of the old Reagan movie) (second and third links below), I am most certainly not a Palin hater.

I've often said that in addition to being hot, I also very much respect how she's been able to turn her 5 minutes of fame in 2008 into a fortune and a bona fide celebrity status. More power to her! But I just don't think she has what it takes to be president, sorry. And given some of those new poll numbers, apparently I'm not alone in that sentiment.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/17/poll-six-in-ten-say-they-wont-consider-palin/
http://www.tinadupuy.com/uncategorized/sarahpalinsenemylist/
http://independentrage.blogspot.com/2010/11/bedtime-for-bozo-sarah-palin-takes-dump.html