Monday, December 13, 2010

"WHOOPS! Saw-Reee!" The Top 10 Excuses the Jets' Assistant Coach Should Have Given for Tripping That Dolphins Player Instead of Apologizing...


You've probably already seen or heard about it last night or today: New York Jets assistant coach Sal Alosi sticking his leg out and intentionally tripping Miami Dolphins' player Nolan Carroll as Carroll tried to cover a punt. Alosi has already come out and admitted what he did and has tried to profusely apologize (link to story at bottom). But it struck me: Why did he necessarily have to go down that road so quickly following the incident?

After all, the first rule of the thug, slimeball and/or politician (same difference between the three?) is never admit anything to anybody -- you don't know nothin' and it's always someone else's fault. Hell, even without denying the incident, Alosi could have at least tried to put some political spin on the entire situation as if he was some sort of democrat or republican. For example, here are ten types of excuses and/or spins that Alosi could have utilized in lieu of a boring old admission and apology:

10. "I just had a knee-jerk reaction to the play, literally. It could have happened to anyone."

9. "Hey, I'm no Woody Hayes. I never laid a hand on the kid!"

8. "Carroll insulted my mama. No one does that. No one!"

7. "Hey, this is football. It ain't tiddlywinks."

6. "The ref didn't flag me. Therefore, it never really happened."

5. "I only thought tripping was illegal in football if a player did it?!"

4. "I've been a very angry person lately for Obama compromising with hostage-takers."

3. "I was just trying to bait Channing Crowder into saying he'd break my leg so that he would be the one to get in trouble."

2. "I think I may have Turrets syndrome."

1. "That video's being taken out of context."


http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/jets-coach-sal-alosi-trips-player-game/story?id=12382310