Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Possible Obama/Hillary Ticket Reportedly
"On the Table." Yes! NOW Obama Really
Has My Vote for 2012!

NOT! I didn't vote for His Majesty in 2008, and I sure as heck won't be voting for him in 2012. I don't care if he resurrects and rolls out JFK (the last great American president) as his damn running mate. Not that Hillary would make any difference, anyway: I don't trust her, and I don't like her. Hell, just stick with Biden. At least he's good for some laughs. Nope, the only question for me in 2012 is whether I'll be able to stomach voting for whomever the republicans stick up there. I've never voted for a republican for president, and so the GOP has its work cut out for it.

But I'm not so pompous as to fail to fully realize that a move to add Hillary to the ticket (with Biden basically switching places with her and becoming secretary of state) ain't aimed at me. Sure, the democrat party would be hopeful that such a move would bring back some lost Independents, but the real motivation would be to energize democrat voters to get out to vote. The energy and enthusiasm with which democrat-leaning groups (Latinos, African-Americans, 20-somethings, etc.) got out and voted in 2008 has all but evaporated in 2010, and the democrat party is certainly going to try to rekindle that for 2012.

That being said, is there really any possibility that Obama would actually add Hillary to his ticket? The White House is denying today that any such plan is even being considered. And while the White House denying something is typically completely meaningless, I think there just might be some truth to today's denial. That's because I don't see any way in hell that the egomaniacal Obama would ever let a political rival like Hillary anywhere near his ticket. Hillary is secretary of state for one primary reason: The old Godfather adage about keeping "your friends close, but your enemies closer." Even under that wisdom, there is such a thing as too close. And that's why I predict that we will never see an Obama/Hillary ticket.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20018699-503544.html