Sunday, October 10, 2010

Karl Rove Accuses Obama Administration of Having a Nixon-Style "Enemies List." NO WAY!


That was the accusation from Rove this weekend (link at bottom). An "Enemies List," BTW, as utilized by the Richard Nixon administration, was basically a list of people who are seen as dangerous because they disagree too vehemently and consistently with the administration, and thus such people are targeted for federal government harassment, monitoring and ridicule to the fullest extent possible.

Here's what I say to Rove's allegation: C'mon! I mean, how could you possibly make an "Enemies List" accusation aimed at an administration that once encouraged American citizens to report to the government the identity of any person having a "fishy" opinion in the health care debate? Does that really sound like the kind of administration that would maintain an "Enemies List"? Well, actually, it certainly does. And that's why it wouldn't surprise me at all if Rove's allegation is completely true.

Frankly, it would come as no shock. As often noted in this space, Obama and his administration are very Nixonian in a lot of ways -- from being completely thin-skinned and seemingly paranoid, to having absolutely no tolerance whatsoever for anyone who ever disagrees with them. Matter of fact, those traits are pretty much inherent to the leftist-controlled democrat party these days. And Obama is just one part of that machine.

Final thought: I wonder if I'm on that "Enemies List" somewhere? After all, in response to Obama's previous call for citizens to rat out anyone having a "fishy" opinion on the health care issue, I sent an e-mail to White House turning myself in (as previously documented in this space). So do you think I've made the big list? The way I look at it, I can't think of a bigger badge of honor.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43371.html