Friday, April 30, 2010

Hoosier Hideosity: "I'm in Love with My Grandson - and We're Having a Baby!"


This story from Britain's The Sun (link below) is just too weird to pass up mentioning today. 72-year-old Pearl Carter of Indiana has announced to the world that she and her grandson, 26-year-old Phil Bailey, are in love and are having a baby (through a surrogate). The happy couple is pictured on the left. They apparently had never met until recently, and Granny claims it was love at first sight: "From the first moment that I saw him, I knew we would never have a grandmother-grandson relationship. For the first time in years I felt sexually alive."

This May-December romance reportedly heated up right after the couple met. After a boring first week of "shopping, bowling and eating out," business really picked up in Week Two, when, "giggly on wine after a night out, Pearl decided she wasn't going to deny her feelings anymore." Says Granny: "I called Phil into my bedroom, sat him on the bed, and then I leant over and kissed him. I expected rejection but instead he kissed me back." But Phil confides that rejection was the farthest thing from his mind: "I wanted to kiss her there and then. My feelings were overwhelming."

And to all of you haters out there, Granny is waiving a defiant hand: "I'm not interested in anyone else's opinion. I am in love with Phil and he's in love with me. Soon I'll be holding my son or daughter in my arms and Phil will be the proud dad." For good measure, Phil also offers his two cents: "I think Pearl is gorgeous," he said. No word yet whether wedding bells may be a part of this deranged picture.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2954310/Gran-and-grandson-to-have-baby.html