Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm Often Told: "You Need to Pick a Side, Pick a Party!" To Which I Say, Why in the Holy Hell Would I Ever Do That?

What reason has either of these two parties ever given me? A new Louis Harris national poll reports today that 57% of American republicans believe that Obama is a Muslim, and that 45% of American republicans believe that Obama was "not born in the United States and so is not eligible to be president" (link below). Translation: You've got a republican party full of right-wing nutjobs and loons. Yeah, I'm chompin' at the bit over here to run out and join them!

Which brings me to the democrat party. There -- as has been on full display for 14 months now -- you have a party controlled by far left-wing goofs and freaks -- hell bent on growing the size of the federal government and taking over just as much of the private sector as they possibly can against the Will of a clear majority of the American people. They don't care what we think because they think we are all stupid, racist right-wingers to the extent we disagree with them on anything. Where can I sign up for that wonderful party?

So just keep tellin' me, you deranged right-wing fools and loony left-wing weirdos, that I need to pick a side and one of these two parties. To you I say, No I Do NOT. And I haven't. And I won't. Stick that in your out-of-touch extremist pipe and smoke it.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/199166.asp?from=blog_last3